How to love your donors in a philanthropic-psychology way, at this stage in the pandemic.
With Jen Shang, Co-director at Institute for Sustainable Philanthropy.
In her role as a professor of philanthropic psychology, Jen has been conducting studies into how people have been responding as the COVID crisis has unfolded. In this session she will share the latest results from this research, and the practical implications for how you raise funds this winter and beyond. This includes:
- How to uncover your donors’ most important identities using the data they’ve given you
- How to help your donors restore their sense of wellbeing through your communications
- The potential impact on their wellbeing and their giving in the months to come
Feel like an underdog?
How to win when the fundraising odds are against you
With Rob Woods, Bright Spot
This year, we’re all still battling tough odds. Whether your charity has fewer resources / is less well known / a less cuddly cause, OR / AND your enemies are relentless change, isolation and other effects of COVID, every fundraiser I know is up against formidable Goliaths.
In this encouraging session, Rob shares real examples and tactics you can use to harness your inner David and grow fundraising results when the odds are against your charity. It includes:
- THREE ways to find and exploit an advantage when you are an underdog.
- How one small arts charity DOUBLED fundraising income using this approach.
- The tactic one fundraiser used recently to create WOW factor and multiply results MORE THAN 10 TIMES.
Ideas for fundraising leaders in the winter 2021 and spring of 2022
We’re very excited to invite three experienced fundraising leaders to offer ideas to help charities respond to the fundraising challenges and opportunities amid all this relentless change. Bring your questions and we’ll do our best to help. With:
- RANJEET KHARE, Senior Corporate Fundraiser, RNIB
- LAURA PERKINS, Director of Development and Communications at the London Community Foundation
- ESTHER WAKEMAN, Chief Executive Officer, Leeds Hospital Charity