The next Breakfast Club for Heads and Directors of Fundraising will take place via Zoom on 6th August, 8.50am – 11am and will include the following:
Leading fundraising teams during the pandemic, with Kath Abrahams, Director of Engagement & Fundraising, Diabetes UK
As leaders of fundraising teams we continue to face difficult challenges at this stage of the pandemic. In over two decades as a fundraiser and leader, in a range of charities including NSPCC, Kings College London and Diabetes UK, Kath has remained curious about what makes for truly effective leadership and how this helps achieve fundraising progress.
Kath will share her approach to leadership during the crisis. She will be honest about what’s worked and what hasn’t and she’ll share how she plans to approach the coming months too. This session and Q and A includes:
- The leadership habits she feels are more important than ever now.
- Her approach to communication during the crisis
- How she plans to approach challenges to fundraising this summer and autumn
Focus is power – how a targeted approach helped build corporate partnerships, even during the pandemic, with Charlie Strawa, and Kate Billingham-Wilson, ABF The Soldiers Charity.
It can be tempting to want partnerships with any company, but we’ve found that a very clear focus enables you to proactively tailor your activities to appeal to the right partners for your charity.
And it pays off. Last financial year, The Soldiers’ Charity secured £780,000 in corporate income. And though they’ve adapted the tactics, the strategy has continued to bring results during the pandemic.
In this session, Kate and Charlie will share practical examples and explain the strategies they’ve used to achieve this, including:
- FOCUS – How to focus lean resources to get maximum impact
- LEVERAGE – How to understand and leverage key drivers for your potential partners
- ADAPTING THIS YEAR – How they have adapted their approach in light of the pandemic
How to build warm, positive relationships with major donors and companies, especially now, with Rob Woods, Bright Spot
In a cautious, socially-distanced world, it’s not easy to build strong, generous relationships with people and companies who care about your cause. But it is absolutely possible.
Based on interviews with fundraisers from a range of charities who have been achieving major gifts and partnerships in spite of the pandemic, Rob will share practical answers to some key challenges:
- GROWTH – The simple stewarding technique one fundraiser used to increase giving by 174%.
- INSPIRE – Five keys to getting maximum value from an on-line engagement or stewardship event.
- RESOURCES – How to combine high-touch ‘WOW’ moments with the need to use your resources efficiently.