Under pressure to raise more large gifts? How to focus on the donor as a person not a piggy bank, despite this pressure. Louise Morris, Summit Fundraising
The more urgently our organisations need money, the greater the pressure we can feel to focus on this with donors. But this goes against our instincts – we know we need to focus on the donor as a person, and not as a piggy bank. It’s good for them, it’s good for us, and it raises more!
In this confidence-boosting session, major donor fundraising expert Louise Morris outlines ways to put your supporters first AND still achieve the major gifts your causes so need. This includes:
- How two charities achieved their LARGEST GIFTS EVER in the past year with a focus on building the relationships rather than chasing money.
- THREE ways you can resist the pressure, make giving enjoyable, and grow income.
Making relationship fundraising work when everything is remote! Suzie Thompson
Like all arts and education organisations, the Royal Northern College of Music has faced plenty of challenges this year. Suzie will share how a willingness to keep learning has helped her team achieve some wonderful results. This practical talk includes:
- The strategies that led to their most successful appeal ever (beating target by 600%)
- How they’ve developed such strong relationships with supporters, while actually meeting is not possible.
- WIDER CULTURE. How colleagues across the organisation have grown in confidence as fundraisers.
The obstacle is the way – 5 keys to finding and maximising opportunities in 2021. Rob Woods, Bright Spot
Since March 2020 we’ve all had to not only survive the challenges but also find advantages in the chaos. Change is clearly not slowing down in 2021. So as leaders, how can we (continue to) make use of the positives?
Rob has been fortunate to interview many dozens of creative, shrewd fundraisers this year. In this practical session, he’ll share the 5 elements common to their inspiring examples, including:
- The ONE ESSENTIAL (replicable!) element he’s found in every fundraising success story he’s studied this year.
- How a tiny arts charity has managed to keep adapting and DOUBLE FUNDRAISING INCOME compared to the year before COVID.
- LOTS more examples to help you strengthen your mojo and KEEP GOING!