The next Breakfast Club for Heads and Directors of Fundraising will take place via Zoom on 11th November 2020, 8.50am – 10.50am and will include the following:
Leadership and Fundraising: Maximising impact with limited resources, with Desiree D’Souza, Executive Director of Inclusion and Social Impact, Seeability
The challenges of 2020 / 21 are especially tough when you work for a small charity. Desiree will share her and her team’s approach to achieving goals at a time when resources are under pressure and we’re all working in different ways. This includes the principles she has found to be important, and tactics that have worked so far. This encouraging session includes:
- A technique for tracking bids which improves fundraising results
- Consortium working to increase your chances – what we’ve learned so far
- Being proactive about inclusion. Why this is essential.
Leadership and Culture in 2020 with Katie Simmons, Director of Fundraising Strategy, British Red Cross
The world has changed dramatically in the last 6 months and clearly charities have had to adapt their strategies in order to make the biggest difference to those they help. To do this effectively, though, leaders need to pay careful attention to the cultures that are encouraged internally, so that colleagues feel fully supported and able to contribute.
Katie will talk about how she and her colleagues strive to build a positive, supportive culture, including:
- THREE principles that are particularly important now
- How the British Red Cross fundraising team has adapted over the last 6 months
- Why keeping track of progress in concepts like wellbeing are important, and how to approach this
The Power of a Learning Culture, Especially Now, With Rob Woods, Bright Spot
Like it or not, the one thing most people agree on is that ever more change is coming. And for most of us, our own morale and team’s cohesion will continue to be tested this autumn and winter.
We’ve found one value / habit that really helps in tough times is LEARNING. Encouraging a learning mindset and making it easy, really pays off. In this practical session, Rob shares tactics you can use to help your team learn, without needing training budget, including:
- BOOSTING TEAM MORALE – The tactic one fundraiser used to help her department stay positive together, solve problems (and raise more money) during lockdown.
- HOW TO MAKE IT EASY – Another tactic some canny fundraisers have used for ongoing learning (that led to the largest trust gift one charity has ever achieved).
- ADAPT (OR RISK DISAPPEARING) – Practical ideas to help your colleagues keep learning, adapting and solving problems this winter.